Residents across Dorset can enjoy discount deals at many of the county’s top attractions during Dorset Residents’ Week from 18 to 24 April, using the special offer vouchers featured in the spring edition of Dorset County Council’s community newspaper ‘Your Dorset’.
- Dorset’s annual road repairs are underway Dorset Highways' surface dressing programme is underway, with rural roads across the county scheduled for... 60 views | posted on May 3, 2016
- Wimborne History Festival plans for 2016 Plans are shaping up for a brand new History Festival for Wimborne next year. The... 28 views | posted on September 10, 2015
- Have your say on bus services 24 and 111 Due to reductions in its Government funding, Dorset County Council needs to save £500,000 on... 20 views | posted on April 25, 2016
- Don’t forget to vote Elections are being held across Dorset on 5 May 2016. There will be a county-wide poll... 19 views | posted on April 18, 2016
- Weymouth Beach wins Seaside Award Weymouth Central Beach has won the coveted Seaside Award for 2015 from Keep Britain Tidy. The... 18 views | posted on May 20, 2015
We grabbed Hanson project manager Ian Price behind the scene at the site compound and asked him how the recycling for the 'foam base' material works.
A dedicated team of 20 people, one spray tanker, two purpose built chipping spreaders, six lorries feeding chippings, one roller and two suction road sweepers, make up Dorset Highways surface dressing gang. Hot bitumen (the glue) it sprayed by a tanker onto the road, which is followed immediately by a spread of 10mm chippings, followed by a spread of 6mm chippings (to fill any gaps) and finally a roller travels across the surface to compact the material down.