Applying for your bus pass – important information

Posted on 24 January 2013 by Dorset County Council

From 1 April 2013 Dorset County Council will take over responsibility for bus pass applications from district and borough councils.

X53 bus serviceThe new centralised service will provide a more consistent service across the county council area and give better value for money for tax payers.

Residents applying for an older person’s or disabled person’s bus pass for the first time will now be able to apply by phone, by downloading an application form online or by collecting a application form from their district or borough council, or from their local library.

Residents needing to renew their pass will be invited to reapply or automatically sent replacements through the post.

Anyone who has moved since their current pass was issued should contact their local district or borough council to update their address details before the end of February.

Councillor Peter Finney, Cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “The old system of paying district and borough councils to provide this service on behalf of the county council no longer represents the best value for money.

“Local councils will still be able to choose to fund any additional concessions, such as subsidising travel at peak times.

“There is no need for pass holders to take action now, we will provide further details about how to apply for a concessionary pass nearer the time.”

Dorset County Council concessionary fare applications will be processed by Euclid Ltd, a Hampshire-based company specialising in producing and issuing ID cards.

(Links marked with "New window icon" open in a new window)

For more information, please contact:

Link to Dorset County Council contact information
Dorset County Council
County Hall
Colliton Park

Twitter: #dorsetcc
Or email us:

Or call us:
01305 221000

Or fax us:
01305 265519
Please read the terms and conditions before posting New window icon"

6 Comments For This Post

  1. Avril Dearden Says:

    I have lost my Senior bus pass. Can you please tell me how I replace it
    Thank you

  2. dccadmin Says:

    Good morning – for a replacement senior bus pass please call the hotline on 0300 330 1201. Best regards.

  3. Joan Lewis Says:

    Hi, I got my bus pass in 2009, how do I renew it please?

  4. Says:

    Hi Joan, your bus pass should be automatically renewed and a new one posted to you, if you need to update your contact details please contact Euclid.
    Enquiries can be made by telephone on 0300 330 1201, by email to or sent by post to Dorset ENCTS Bus Pass, PO Box 212, Waterlooville, PO7 6ZN.

    Thanks, the web team.

  5. Adrian Northover Says:

    I will be 60 on 11 March 2014 and understand that I will be eligible for a senior bus pass then. I have tried to print out an application form to fill in, in readiness but it seems that “the page” no longer exists. Should I contact Euclid direct and ask them to send me one?

  6. Says:

    Hi Adrian,

    I’ve just tested the application form and can’t see any problems, please access this page to download and print off a form:

    There are also instructions on where to return it too.

    Kind regards,
    The web team

Leave a Reply

                                              To find information about where you live, just enter your postcode below.

Latest news from each council:

Local news sources:

BBC Dorset
Bournemouth Echo
Bridport News
Dorset Echo
Western Gazette
Wessex FM

(All links open in a new window)